Giving bath to your baby is really a wonderful experience for parents. Many babies love splashing in the water. But, to give an enjoyable and harmless baby bath, you need to follow important ways to make the bath time safe and full of fun. Just go through these 7 tips for safe baby bath.
- The first thing that you should always keep in mind is to get all necessary things with you before start giving bath to your baby. Do not leave him/her unattended. You must be very careful when you are alone in your home and have to answer phone call or when someone knocks the door. Wrap baby in a dry towel or cloth and take him/her with you.
- You need to grip a baby very gently. Keep one of your hands under his/her head and neck properly when giving bath into the bath tub. You require slipping a baby gradually and smoothly into the water.
- Never use any hard soap or cloth. A baby has very soft skin. Use sponge or a soft cloth with a baby soap and rub the neck, front and back of a baby very gently. Always use moist cotton cloth or wool to clean the eyes and nostrils of the baby. Make sure not to use products which are harsh for baby’s skin.
- You can use kitchen sink or plastic tub, whatever makes you feel easier to bath your baby without any hassle. Giving bath to a baby is not easy for everyone. So, make sure to choose an area where you give baby bath with high comfort.
- You must pick a time when you are less likely to be interrupted. It can be either in the morning or at the night. Actually this is the time when you get free from your daily routine and can bath your baby without any stress or worry. Most parents prefer morning time to make it a calm bedtime ritual for the baby.
- When you bath your baby, you must devote your complete time to him/her without any interruption. Make sure to hold your baby at the right position safely during the bath.
- Never use too hot or too cold water for the bath. You must use warm water that helps in keeping your baby warm and also does not harm his/her skin or health.
Some people use bath seats as the safety measure and start doing their work by keeping their baby in the seat. It is completely wrong. Never leave the bath place. Your single mistake can harm your baby, and in worse cases can take your baby’s life. So, you must follow the given tips for safe baby bath.